We learn how to write. . .
- We learn how to expand our ideas in writing.
- We learn how to use our teacher and peers to learn and present new ideas.
- We analyze writing to make our own writing better.
- We learn how to use syllables and word patterns in spelling, as well as to spell common words.
- We use the writing process (plan, first copy, revise, edit, final copy).
- We learn to use capitals at the beginning of sentences and on proper nouns.
- We learn to use correct end punctuation, commas and apostrophes.
- We learn to use correct English grammar in different kinds of sentences.
- We write opinions, informational texts, and narrative texts.
- We do research about topics that interest us and then write about them.
- We use technology and reference materials to produce writing.
During the year, students are expected to be able to use the above ideas correctly in narrative, informational, and opinion writing.